Monday, August 17, 2009

Melting Chocolate


Today I made real hot chocolate the way the waiter in Caffè Gilli (Florence) told me to. I drank the best hot chocolate in my whole life when I was there.

So here's how to do it:
Slowly melt chocolate (70% grand cru was fine for me) in a pan and continue stirring it until it has melted and is completely smooth. I recommend using a bain marie. The reason I didn't is because I used a very small gas fire and was very careful not to let it burn.
Add a bit of milk and heavy cream, not too much, and you may want put a bit sugar in it to sweeten it.

This looks a bit weird but after a while it should be smooth.

That's how easy it is to make a perfect dessert! And place milk on the table so people can make their chocolate just perfect for themselves.


The chocolate chips I used:

1 comment:

@dance said...

That looks so thick and delicious !